Family Law Attorney in Springfield, MO
Representing Families Across Southwest Missouri
At Neale & Newman, our Springfield family law and divorce attorneys are committed to providing each of our clients with the practical legal guidance they need to secure justice and peace of mind for all family members. We have a stellar reputation for helping clients understand their unique situations and for working tirelessly to provide customized solutions that allow us to fiercely advocate for their case goals.
Call Neale & Newman at (417) 670-2520 or contact us online to schedule a case consultation with a Springfield family law attorney today!
What Is Family Law?
Family law is a branch of law that focuses on issues involving family relationships, including marriage, divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, and more. It is a complex field that requires a great deal of knowledge, understanding, and experience. Family law attorneys are uniquely qualified to help clients navigate the complexities of this area of law in Missouri. At Neale & Newman, we understand the importance of family law and the impact it can have on the lives of those involved. We have a team of experienced family law attorneys in Springfield, MO who are dedicated to providing clients with the best possible legal representation.
The Springfield Family Law Attorneys You Can Trust
We have extensive experience in all areas of family law in Springfield, MO. That includes custody and visitation, as well as child support and alimony.
Our proactive approach ensures that your rights are protected and that your best interests remain at the center of every decision we make. From your initial consultation to filing for divorce and settling property and financial issues, we’ll be there to guide you through every step of the process. Our goal is to help you reach the best possible outcome for your unique case.
Call one of our Springfield family lawyers at (417) 670-2520 or contact us online to schedule a consultation today!
How Our Family Law Firm in Springfield, MO Can Help
With more than 100 years of combined experience handling all aspects of family law in Springfield, Missouri we have what it takes to advocate for your best interests. Our family law attorneys in Springfield, Missouri are experienced in negotiating and litigating family law matters, and we are prepared to aggressively advocate for our clients in court if necessary.
Missouri Family Laws
Missouri family law refers to the laws in the state that deal with family-related issues like divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, property division, modifications, and more.
Our Springfield family lawyers are here to assist you with any of the following matters:
- Divorce - Missouri is a no-fault divorce state. No-fault divorce means a divorce can be granted without proving fault on the part of either spouse. However, fault may be considered in certain circumstances, such as in cases of adultery or abuse.
- Child Custody - Missouri courts keep the best interests of the child as their priority when determining custody. Joint custody is always the preferred option. In the event that one parent is deemed unfit or unable to care for the child, the other parent may be awarded sole custody.
- Child Support - Child support in Missouri is calculated based on the income of both parents and the needs of the child. Both parents are responsible for providing financial support to their child.
- Property Division - In Missouri divorce proceedings, property division follows equitable distribution rules that require property to be split equally between both spouses. It is important for divorcing couples to understand the property laws in Missouri and how assets and debts are divided. They must decide what is considered marital property, which is subject to division, and which property belongs solely to one spouse or the other.
- Coordination of Business Valuations
- Maintenance Issues
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Issues
- Prenuptial/Antenuptial/Premarital Agreements
- Stepparent and Domestic Adoptions - Missouri has determined laws and regulations for adoption. These are designed to protect the rights of both the child and the adoptive parents. In the adoption process, prospective adoptive parents must meet specified requirements and undergo a background check.
- Paternity Actions
- Modifications to Maintenance, Child Support, Custody, and Visitation Arrangements
Contact our family law attorneys in Springfield, Missouri today at (417) 670-2520 to learn more about how we can help you with your family law matter.
Turn to Us for Qualified Family Law Advice & Representation
A skilled Springfield family law attorney is invaluable when it comes to family disputes, particularly when a child’s well-being is concerned. Our firm has thoughtful and caring support staff who work diligently to make each of our client's experiences productive and one that they will never forget.
Our team of family law attorneys in Springfield, MO is committed to helping you through one of the most difficult times of your life. We will fight for you and your rights. If you’re going through a divorce, you might be facing many difficult decisions. With so much at stake, it’s important to find legal advice and representation that puts your needs first.
The Neale & Newman, L.L.P Team
Committed to Helping Our Community Contact Neale & Newman
Unique Blend of Experience & TechnologyAssisting our clients with a combination of deep experience and current technology.
Comprehensive & Coordinated RepresentationProviding cost-effective, multifaceted representation for our clients on a wide range of legal matters.
Generations of Service to Our Southwest Missouri NeighborsSupporting the legal needs of businesses and individuals since 1903.