Springfield Estate Planning Attorneys
Full-Service Law Firm Serving Southwest Missouri
At Neale & Newman, our compassionate and experienced lawyers know how important it is to pass on your legacy to your family and the loved ones in your life. Whether you need help drafting a comprehensive plan for your home, business, investments, and other valuable assets, we can provide you with the expertise and practical advice that you need to make informed decisions that will protect your wealth.
Our estate planning team specializes is creating customized plans that can promptly be tailored to meet the unique needs of the diverse clients we represent. From major life events like the birth of a child and marriage to the death of a relative and retirement, we can determine the best approach for you and implement the tools that you need to document your plans.
Estate Planning Services We Offer
Neale & Newman has more than 100 years of combined experience advising clients in all areas of estate planning. We proudly advise clients, throughout Missouri and neighboring states. You can rest assured you will receive individual advice on how best to meet your decisions. We refuse to use any type of cookie-cutter approach to estate planning.
When you choose our firm to represent you, we will advise on the bets strategy to achieve all of your unique goals using the following estate planning tools:
- Wills and Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Medical Directives
- Beneficiary Deeds
Our renowned estate planning team also assists clients with:
What Should My Estate Plan Contain?
Estate plans typically include five elements:
- Will – names guardians for your children, pets; lists personal property and who will receive the assets; names an executor who will carry out your will
- Trust(s) – two basic types of trusts are the revocable trust and irrevocable trust
- Power of Attorney - designated person who will manage your affairs if you are too ill or become incapacitated
- Medical Directive – document that explains how you want medical decisions to be carried out when you are no longer able to make those decisions for yourself
- Beneficiary Designation – dictates who will receive benefits when you are gone; this is overrides what is in your will
Why Do You Need Estate Planning?
We all need it. Those who fall into the following categories probably need it more:
Whoever has assets, so they can ensure that these assets reach their intended beneficiaries;
- Any person with minor children, in order to name a guardian, conservator, or trustee if something were to happen to their parents.
- Those who wish to protect their beneficiaries from themselves;
- People who want to give specific amounts or percentages to family members
- Beneficiaries who are not family members;
- Those who wish to name their "significant other" as primary beneficiary, but are not legally married to that individual;
- Anyone with special guidelines or rules they want followed after they pass away, regarding their assets.
- Anyone who wishes to disinherit a child or close family member
- Whoever wishes to favor stepchildren in their estate planning
- Any person who has a split or blended family or has been married more than twice
How Much Does Estate Planning Cost?
Based on your specific situation, an estate planning attorney can provide a wide range of services; most cost somewhere between a couple hundred dollars (very basic) and a couple thousand dollars (more advanced).
While our firm is based in Springfield, our estate planning attorneys proudly provide top-notch legal service to clients across Southwest Missouri. We offer cost-effective estate plans, as well as personable and reliable services to promptly address the needs of clients. Our clients range from those with simple needs to those who require protection from significant estate tax liability. So, no matter how little or much you own, if it is important to you, it is important to us.
Unique Blend of Experience & TechnologyAssisting our clients with a combination of deep experience and current technology.
Comprehensive & Coordinated RepresentationProviding cost-effective, multifaceted representation for our clients on a wide range of legal matters.
Generations of Service to Our Southwest Missouri NeighborsSupporting the legal needs of businesses and individuals since 1903.