Services for Employers
Neale & Newman, L.L.P. represents both Missouri employers and employees for employment law issues. We are a sophisticated law firm of attorneys that combines efficient, cost-effective solutions with friendly, personable service.
For employers, we handle day-to-day employment law issues like drafting and reviewing employment contracts and employment handbooks. In fact, we have full-time employment law attorneys in Missouri, that are devoted specifically to handbooks, contracts and related issues. This includes non-compete agreements and severance agreements.
We also represent employers for issues involving:
• Litigation involving covenants not to compete, non-solicitation agreements and usurpation of trade secrets
• Overtime and minimum wage claims
• Unemployment hearings
• Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Sexual harassment
• Age discrimination
• Other civil rights claims
• Investigations by governmental agencies including the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Missouri Commission on Human Rights.
• OSHA claims
• Suits brought by governmental agencies
Services for Employees
We represent employees in negotiating contracts, including non-compete and severance agreements. We typically focus on significant employment contracts, for example we have represented presidents of universities, bank executives and other highly skilled and compensated employees.
We also handle sexual harassment and discrimination claims based on race, age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We should also mention we have a great Estate Planning law team that can help you plan for your future and secure your legacy.