Springfield Adoptions Lawyers
Helping Missouri Families Navigate Local & International Adoptions
Adding a new member to your family, regardless of the reason, is an important step for everyone in your household. Unfortunately, the adoption process is notoriously complex and often hinders those looking to adopt instead of helping them.
Whether you are a stepparent seeking to legalize your parental relationship, pursuing the adoption of your grandchild, or looking to add a new member to your household, our Missouri adoption lawyers are ready to help you explore all your options.
Contact Neale & Newman at (417) 670-2520 to speak with us about your adoption needs.
Types of Adoptions We Handle
Neale & Newman, L.L.P. can guide you through a successful and secure adoption in a variety of circumstances, including:
- Domestic Adoptions - This term is applied to any adoption that occurs within the United States.
- International Adoptions - This term is applied when an adoption involves another country outside of the U.S.
- Stepparent Adoptions - This term is applied when a stepfather or stepmother legally adopts their spouse's minor children.
- Grandparent Adoptions - If a child's parents are deceased or considered unfit, they may be legally adopted by a grandparent.
- Inter-family Adoptions - A child may be adopted by an uncle, aunt, or another relative in the event that the parents are deceased, incapacitated, or otherwise unfit.
How Can An Adoption Attorney In Springfield Help You?
The adoption process can be tricky and complicated. An attorney will help to guide you through each step of the way and will help to ensure that the process is as smooth as possible for you and/or your family. From providing you with objective legal advice to supporting you emotionally and addressing any questions that you may have, hiring an experienced attorney who has worked with families looking to adopt will benefit you greatly.
Our Missouri adoption attorney can help in some of the following ways:
- Legal Guidance: Providing you with objective legal advice.
- Paperwork: Handling the paperwork involved with your adoption.
- Negotiation: Effectively negotiating on your behalf and helping you achieve a successful outcome.
- Mistakes: Helping you avoid making any mistakes that may prolong the process or cost you money.
- Emotional Support: Serving as an emotional support system during this time, and may help to reduce any possible stress levels.
- Representation: Representing you if your case is taken to court, and helping to ensure the best possible outcome for your unique adoption case.
Process for Adoption in Missouri
There are several steps in the complex process of adoption in Missouri. The general adoption process includes:
- Eligibility: In Missouri, anyone over 21 can adopt if they are able to provide a stable and loving home for a child.
- Choosing adoption attorney or agency: To facilitate the adoption process, prospective adoptive parents should work with an adoption attorney in Missouri or a licensed agency.
- Complete a home study: All adoptive families are required to go through a home study. This process involves interviews, background checks, and visits to your home that help determine the suitability for a child.
- Find a child: Working with an agency or attorney, prospective adoptive parents can find a child who is available for adoption. This can be either locally or internationally.
- Complete the adoption petition: Once a child has been identified, the adoptive parents must complete an adoption petition and file it with the court.
- Attend a court hearing: A judge will review the adoption petition and may schedule a hearing to finalize the adoption. At the hearing, the adoptive parents will be required to testify and answer any questions the judge may have.
- Finalize the adoption: Once the adoption is approved by the court, the adoptive parents will receive a final decree of adoption. This document legally establishes the adoptive parent-child relationship.
Depending on the specific circumstances, the adoption process may look different for each unique case. If you are interested in adoption, contact our adoption attorneys in Springfield today to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about what the adoption process entails for your family locally or nationally.
- Top 5 Reasons Why Hiring an Adoption Attorney Is a Good Idea
- Adoption Lawyer: What to Expect During the Pre-Placement Adoption Process
If you're looking to adopt a child in Missouri or abroad, turn to Springfield adoption attorneys for experienced legal guidance. Call us at (417) 670-2520 today!
The Neale & Newman, L.L.P Team
Committed to Helping Our Community Contact Neale & Newman
Unique Blend of Experience & TechnologyAssisting our clients with a combination of deep experience and current technology.
Comprehensive & Coordinated RepresentationProviding cost-effective, multifaceted representation for our clients on a wide range of legal matters.
Generations of Service to Our Southwest Missouri NeighborsSupporting the legal needs of businesses and individuals since 1903.