Anne Sallee Mason graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration magna cum laude from William Woods College, Fulton, Missouri, in 1984, and obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 1987.
Following graduation from law school, Ms. Mason served two years as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Douglas W. Greene, Missouri Court of Appeals - Southern District. She associated with the firm in May of 1989 and became a partner in January of 1994. Ms. Mason left the firm in November of 1996 to serve as Trust Officer and in-house legal counsel for Mercantile Trust Company, N.A., and joined The Commerce Trust Company in 1999 as Trust Counsel and Trust Officer. Ms. Mason returned to the firm as Of Counsel in 2003.
Ms. Mason’s primary areas of practice are estate planning, probate administration, and trust law. She has presented numerous seminars on the topics of probate, trusts and estate planning.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Greene County Estate Planning Council
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, 1989 – present
Board of Directors, 1998 – 1999
Chair of Probate and Trust Committee, 1998 – 2000
- The Missouri Bar, 1987 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Springfield Business Journal’s 40 Under 40, 2002
- Springfield Business Journal’s 20 Most Influential Women in Business, 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Services of Southern Missouri, Volunteer Lawyers Project, 1995 – present