Kirsten E. Poppen joins Neale & Newman with over two decades of experience in litigation and business ownership matters. Before returning to the practice of law, Ms. Poppen facilitated numerous business transactions and performed hundreds of business valuations for business owners. Ms. Poppen’s business experience included extensive consulting on profitability, management efficiency, future and exit planning. Ms. Poppen’s legal experience includes business litigation, transactions, commercial matters, and family law, having practiced in both Kansas City and Springfield.
In the past, Ms. Poppen practiced law at the Strong Law Firm and Shook, Hardy & Bacon. Ms. Poppen is also a former Federal law clerk to Chief Judge G. T. VanBebber for the United States District Court for the District of Kansas. She graduated from the University of Kansas School of Law with Order of the Coif honors. She is admitted to practice law in Missouri and Kansas.
- Certificate of Mediation Training: Completion of 40 hours of training in Civil and Family Mediation at the Missouri State University Center for Dispute Resolution. October 2017
- Certified Valuation Analyst Training: Business valuation 40-hour training course by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts. Summer 2010
- Vice President of Administration Board Member for Ozark Trails Council Boy Scouts: Management of financial audit committee, risk management committee, and staff salaries and performance committee. October 2018 - present
- Board Member Neighborhood Homeowners’ Association: 2016 – present
- Isabel’s House Volunteer (local crisis nursery): 2015 - 2017
Business Consulting, Speaking Engagements and Articles
Speaking engagements and articles for veterinarian audiences at state veterinary medical associations, student veterinary business associations, and regional management groups. Speaking topics included Practice Valuations and Profitability, Practice Transitions and Planning, Sale Logistics, and Practice Finances for Owners and Buyers.